History of Slavic NLP and BSNLP
Slavic NLP builds on a long tradition of successful events on NLP for Slavic languages:
- 8th BSNLP 2021: co-located with EACL 2021: the 16th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics. Kyiv, Ukraine, 20 April 2021
- 7th BSNLP 2019: co-located with ACL 2019: the 57th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL). Florence, Italy, 2 August 2019
- 6th BSNLP 2017: co-located with EACL 2017: the 15th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics. Valencia, Spain, 4 April 2017
- 5th BSNLP 2015: co-located with RANLP 2015: Conference on Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing. Hissar, Bulgaria, 5-11 September 2015
- 4th BSNLP 2013: co-located with ACL 2013: the 51st Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics. Sofia, Bulgaria, 4-9 August 2013
- 3rd BSNLP 2011: co-located with TSD 2011: International Conference on Text, Speech and Dialogue. Plzeň, Czech Republic.
- 2nd BSNLP 2009: co-located with IIS 2009: Intelligent Information Systems. Cracow, Poland.
- 1st BSNLP 2007: co-located with ACL 2007: the 45th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics. Prague, Czech Republic.
- IESL 2003: RANLP Information Extraction for Slavonic and Other Central and Eastern European Languages. Borovets, Bulgaria.
- MPSL 2003: EACL workshop: Morphological Processing of Slavic Languages. Budapest, Hungary.
The official organization behind BSNLP is SIGSLAV: the ACL Special Interest Group on Slavic NLP.
The success of these workshops results from international co-operation and steadily growing interest in the BSNLP themes.
BSNLP workshops will continue to be organized on a regular basis, co-located with major events and conferences related to NLP.